WALDWICK, N.J. -- A 77-year-old Waldwick homeowner sustained a minor injury Thursday after his outdoor barbecue grill caught fire, police said.
The Charles Terrace homeowner "had a little redness on his face," for which he was treated at The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, Police Sgt. Robert Woessner said.
The house sustained some minor damage, he said.
Waldwick firefighters doused the blaze. Their Wyckoff colleagues joined them at the scene.
The Volunteer Ambulance Corps took the homeowner to the hospital.
Boyd A. Loving contributed to this account.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.