UPDATE: A smoky heating unit in the boy’s locker room forced the temporary evacuation of Waldwick High School this morning.
Police and fire officials said the malfunctioning unit was turned off and school officials were having it serviced.
Firefighters from Allendale, Franklin Lakes and Midland Park joined their Waldwick colleagues at the Wyckoff Avenue school.
Classes were back in session at 9:30 a.m., an hour or so after the evacuation.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.