YOU READ IT HERE FIRST : Constantine E. Chloros, the 43-year-old co-owner of a Ramsey pizza shop, died in a 2 a.m. fire at his home sparked by an electrical short in a lamp in a garage near his bedroom.
“I’m thinking that maybe he went into [the garage] to put the fire out, but that’s pure speculation,” Ramsey Police Chief Bryan Gurney told CLIFFVIEWPILOT.COM . “We’ll probably never know.”
Photo courtesy King Pizza
[ Click here for more photos of the RAMSEY FIRE .]
and her two adult children got out safely, Gurney said. When police tried to force their way into the home at 200 Grove Street, they were pushed back by smoke and flames, he said.
Chloros co-operated King Pizza North on Church Street. The shop, which they opened only last year, is closed today because of his death.
The Ramsey Fire Department, under the command of Fire Chief Michael Scalione responded to the scene along with fire departments from, Mahwah, Allendale, Waldwick and Saddle River.
“The Ramsey Fire Department was able to knock down the flames and discovered a victim lying on the floor of the garage, near the garage doors,” Gurney said.
Members of the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office Arson Task Force, the Bergen County Sheriff’s Department Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the Bergen County Police Department, along with Ramsey detectives, determined that an unknown electrical malfunction of a lamp in the rear storage room was the cause of the fire, the chief said.
Chloros was pronounced dead at the scene. His body was taken to the Bergen County Medical Examiner’s Office.PHOTO by BRETT M. DZADIK for CLIFFVIEWPILOT.COM
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.