ALLENDALE, N.J. -- Get your pooches dressed up, your car waxed or perhaps just your comfortable shoes ready for strolling. The Allendale Festival Day and Car Show is coming Saturday, Oct. 1.
The festival will be along West Allendale Avenue, with live entertainment and music all day long.
The event will feature a pet parade and a variety of pet contests, including most patriotic, best dressed, most vocal, smallest, biggest and best trick.
Additionally there will games, giveaways, face-painting, pumpkin-painting, clowns, an obstacle course, a petting zoo and pony rides.
There also will be an array of vendors, including arts and crafts, food and community organizations.
There's no general admission fee to the festival, organizers told Daily Voice. Vendors and car show entries do pay a fee, and "there is a small charge for tickets to participate in the children's activities."
Here's the day's schedule:
- 10 a.m. -- Street Fair and Car Show begins with national anthem
- 11 a.m. -- Pet parade and contests (registration at 10:30 at Center Stage)
- 11:25 a.m.-- Blessing of the Animals by Rev. Michael Allen of Trinity Church
- Noon -- Power House Band at Center Stage -- magician at East Stage -- pie contest judging at Terrie O'Connor Realtors
- 2 p.m. -- Pumpkin-painting contest judging at Bank of America
For more information about the festival, including forms for car-show entries, vendors and sponsors, click here.
The rain or shine event is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be free parking at Guardian Angel Church and free parking and a shuttle from Crestwood Lake.
The festival's "diamond sponsor" is HomeBridge Financial Services, and its "platinum sponsors" are Allendale Dental, the Allendale Community for Senior Living and Terrie O'Connor Realtors.